10.08.2012

SOUL RETREAT

This monday morning I am feeling so much renewal happening.  Saturday I found myself stirring around early on in the day, not knowing which direction to go.  I felt the urge to paint, and nearly talked myself out of it.  This resistance I have been feeling lately.  Its been welllll over a year since Ive picked up a brush.  In all honesty, its probably been 2 or 3 years.  I finally fought through my resistance and grabbed all of my art supplies that have been hiding in boxes in the corners of my home.  I brought them all outside to the picnic table, along with some feathers and sage for inspiration.  I sat staring at the canvas for a while before I decided to just paint the feathers and sage.  I painted the whole canvas with lots of color.  Got frustrated, walked away, read my book in the hammock for a while, then came back to it, and painted cream all over the color.  I did this back and forth throughout the rest of the day.  But each time I came back with fresh eyes and it just flowed.  You can see from this pic, but in golden ink it says 'Cleanse my Heart to Soar my Soul'.  It felt like the title to the soul work Im doing right now.  I have some pretty heavy stuff in my heart that Im working on, and this felt like the beginning of the release.  Im so glad I gave myself this day.  (I thought I was going to be doing other things that day, so it felt good to embrace my saturday like a day off instead of just working through it).


I began re-reading a borrowed book from forever ago.  I kept putting it down before, and I realize now that it was all in due time.  Now is the time for me to read it.  I also started re-reading A New Earth.  So between all of these yummy thoughtful words, and allowing myself to open up in old artistic ways, I felt a softening in my heart, and the beginning of a release that is so very needed.  An active one, instead of a passive one.  (I also started playing with Hipstomatics new app for multiple exposures, so so fun!)

Then on sunday, our yoga meet turned into a morning brunch and riverside walk that was so much better!  My two girlfriends came and picked me up, and we all went and got some local coffee and then drove out to Tarpley for brunch at Mac N Ernies.  So so yummy.  It went from a hot sunny day the day before to feeling like winter outside saturday morning.  We all were bundled up from head to toe.  Then we went to my friend's new casa she is going to be fixing up, and took a 2 mile stroll along her riverside.  It was magical.  It didnt even feel like we were in Texas anymore.  It felt like we were in a different, more magic, spirit filled land.  We walked, and talked, and gathered treasures, and shared stories, and had moments of beautiful silence.  I found 'my rock'.  The first one I picked up.  And it's ironic to me that it is red.  I found so much meaning in such little things along the way.  I had also never felt so at home.  My ladies of the canyon (as robin so sweetly called us this morning).  Rock licking and synchronicity.  It was there.

Im left with a huge soulsigh.  Im wildly excited that these girls will be joining Katelyn and I in a few weeks to create an amazing new lookbook for The Bohemian Collective.  It will be a creative tribe for sure! 

post signature
Share

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you forced your self to paint again, you are such a talent woman, and so conected with our mother earth, it's lovely to visit your blog and find this kind of inspirational post, because sometimes we are so drag in the rutine that we forgot what really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you're feeling refreshed, dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear all the up and up. And can't wait to see the look book. They are always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!