3.27.2012

Campfire Texas >>>

Ahhhh, last night we broke in our new firepit. It was exactly what I needed.  I love it so much.  It ended up being just the perfect little pit.  Big big thanks to James and Joey for putting in it.  We welcomed James parents over last night to break it in with us, and they brought our nephew Travis, so he had his first bonfire!  Bella really enjoyed it.  She hung out by it most of the night.  The moon was so beautiful, a sliver with a hazy circle around it, with the bright planets shining right next it.  It was magical.  The subtle breeze in the air was perfect.  It was just what my soul needed.  I smell like campfire this morning which is just about my favorite smell in the whole world.  And I have a tummy ache this morning, ha ha!  I ate two hotdogs, 5 roasted marshmallows and two beers.  As I was eating them I said it was either a recipe for a tummy ache or a migraine... Ill take the tummy ache any day over the migraine! 

Above are just two more pics of my pretty flowers on the porch.  I just love looking at them.  Its amazing what flowers do for your soul.  Just simply by being.

PEACE,
Laura

8 comments:

  1. In the movie Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century (Disney channel movie) Zenon is from a space station home and hasn't lived on Earth since she was a little kid, and when she gets there and sees flowers for the first time she asks her Aunt "What are these for? What's their purpose?" because everything in the space station served a functional purpose. So her Aunt says, "Not everything here has a purpose. Some things are just good for your soul." : ]

    I suppose that was kind of off-topic, but that's what your post reminded me of. I'm glad your soul feels better today after your wonderful campfire : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to be here.
    seriously.
    i want to do a retreat someday, with a drum circle and fire and a sacred grove. i hope you will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beckie, i love it!!! that was so right on!

    hillary, yes. lets make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smell of campfire in my hair :) Also, I really could use some toasted mashmallows. mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Building bonfires is one of my favourite summer pastimes! So many good talks and laughs shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love bonfires and like you said the smell the day after is lovely and warming.
    Looks and sounds like a perfect night.

    Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can not wait for the day that we have a backyard to put a fire pit in. i love the way yours looks with the big rocks all around it.

    -erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and inspiring blog you have. :) And I love these photos. What did you use to make them so retro and colorful? I love it. :)
    xo, Tori
    http://daisiesandpixiedust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!