4.04.2011

Makes My Heart Sing - Lace



Today's makes my heart sing is obviously inspired by one simple thing, lace.  Im usually not at all smitten with white lacey things... but I must say that the fashion trend as of late has set the bug in me.  Im really beginning to love it.  Ever since I made this vest, where I incorporated some vintage lace along with the doilies, Im more wild about wanting to work with some more.  I think it brought a much softer romantic look to it.  So the combo of lace and crochet is really where its at for me.

love this photo.  dont know the original source, but i found it here.

prettiest little outdoor romantic picnic setting.  cannot wait to create some sort of fun space like this in our new home... again, not original source, but found here.

one of the prettiest photos ive ever seen.  i love that she is naked, but you dont really notice until you get over the initial beauty shock of the shawl.  found here.

love this little number.

i bet this looks really magical at night outdoors...

here are those shorts again that i love but in an even prettier color!

so soft and pretty.  i may create my own version of this soon!  found here.

or this one!  holy smokes!

stunning.  THIS makes me miss self portraits.

and my favorite of them all... i want this photo on my wall!

Are you feeling girly yet?

Today, my grandfather gets his knee replaced, and James gets his stitches taken out.  Keep them in your prayers.

PEACE,
Laura

7 comments:

  1. OOooo I really love many of these photos/objects, but my favorite is th ephoto of the shawl in the sunlight! It makes me feel like soaring out of my shoes♥.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lace!! I've bought a few lacy tops for spring and I love them! Very feminine.

    (thanks for posting about the giveaway too! you are the best!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I was scanning down your post, I though 'I should send Laura that link on a tutorial for a lace lamp shade' and then there it was- great minds and all that. Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE lace. (Especially antique lace.) I've been making jar covers, very similar to the ones shown, for my wedding. So much fun, and so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sexy and feminine, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all! That little fort is soo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!