1.16.2010

Wish there was snow to go with my hat!

I finished my hat from Elsies DIY Snow Day Hat tutorial:


So, as you can see, I am loving crocheting still!
So, for the past few days I felt myself trying to get sick again, mostly just coughing which was giving me headaches, and now today, it struck! It all just started pouring out from no where! I think I have blown my nose 1,000 times in the past few hours. My face is all red and I have to let my mouth hang open to breath, argghhh! I seriously woke up feeling better this morning and was very excited to get back with it! Oh well...

I tried sitting down to make some more jewelry, with a tiny success. But, I was thinking about watching my favorite movie, Youve Got Mail, and before I could decide I was flipping through TV shows and it was on TV! It was destined! I know just about every line in the movie, but it never gets old.

That part where she is decorating the christmas tree and quotes the Joni Mitchell song and talks about how she misses her mother, I always related to that part, but now more than ever. And now I have that line tattooed on my arm!

I do miss my mom, so very much. I try not to talk about it too much, if I talked about it as much as I felt it, that is all you would hear. Well, in between all of the other good stuff at least! In 9 days it will have already been 2 years since she has been gone. I dont even understand time when it comes to that. Sometimes it feels like forever ago, but more often than not it feels like it is it just right behind us. I have been able to put alot of the hard parts behind me, the things you only ever know about if you have been around someone who is dying. Every now and then things flash in my mind that just seem unreal and it breaks my heart knowing my mom had to go through those things. But luckily those things come and then go away from my mind. I have her smiling pictures around me at all times, her warmth surrounds me. I just wish I could hug her and smell her. I wish I could show her all of my art like I used to. I wish I could call her when I need to know how to cook something. I am fortunate to have beautiful people in my life that I can do those things with, I just wish it could be her sometimes.

"Wish I had a river I could skate away on"
-Joni Mitchell

I am going to surprise James with chocolate chip buckwheat pancakes when he gets home tonite! I cant wait!

Check my last blog for an amazing QUILT FOR LOVE project I am doing that I need YOUR help with!

PEACE,
laura



10 comments:

  1. I love the movie You've Got mail too! I think Megan Ryan is adorable. I'm bit of a hopeless romantic but I try to deny it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE your hat!!! Hope all is lovely!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so amazing and that is all I have to say :) This post is so beautiful and so touching and I know your mom is such an amazing person by the way you describe her :)
    I love you!
    xo
    janel

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute hat!!! Loved your Happy Mail card :)
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute hat!! Great job! I love that movie too! Sending you big hugs, sweetie!!! You're such a strong person. I greatly admire you!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, Peace to you this week. Anniversaries are always hard. The two year mark might be harder on you and your family because last year everyone was still in a state of shock. Your mom gave my mother some seeds a few weeks before she died and mom just sort of tossed them in a pot in the sun room and they took and a year later they bloomed. My mother wasn't one for miraculous/metaphysical thinking but she took this as a sign your mother was in heaven.

    Losing one's mother is a hard and life changing journey most daughters have to take at one time or another. The final separation between mother and child.

    Peace to you. Laura Klein

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so moved by your post. I lost both my mother and father over 16 years ago in a car accident. I can sympathize so much with how you feel. The grieving process takes a long time. Although your mom has passed, your sweet memories of her will stay with you forever.
    I hope your cold gets better soon! Enjoy your movies and have a good week ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. she's still with you watching over you!!

    loved the snow hat you mad! adorable! and you are looking gorgeous as ever!!

    I hope you feel better soon my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so beautiful in your pictures. Isn't crocheting addicting? Love the colors you chose for your hat!
    I love You've Got Mail too. Oh man to own a cute shop like that...and walk to work...ahhhh
    XOXO
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart breaks for you Laura, when you talk about your mom. I'm thinking of you and praying for healing for you, especially around this time.

    Your hat is so cute, you've gotten so good at crocheting! It looks like it would be a cute bonnet style hat, maybe one that my little girl couldn't take off. Might be on my list of things to knit for next winter :) What kind of yarn did you get? It sort of looks like Patons :)

    -Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!