1.20.2010

New Art and Jewelry

Today has successfully come and gone without any warning. I started my day off grumpy, dont even know why. The past two days Ive been feeling irritable, I think its just my 'girl' stuff warning me she is about to slap me in the face again.

The other day I put these photos together after editing a few. I loved how they looked together, and are based on a theme. My mother, nature, nostalgia, old things, collections.

It is for sale in my photo etsy shop, and 1/2 of the proceeds will be donated to one of my local cancer organizations.


The next two images are ones from a while back, about a year ago or more. But I re-edited them and love them alot more now. I just got some new photo textures from Michelle Black, and amazing photographer. So I had some fun with them last night.

I took a whole series of these images during a very dark time in my life. Thankfully I am past that, but the art I made was plenty and tremendous.

This is a new little beauty in the shop. I am so in love with her. She is very old, full of nostalgia and whimsy. A lucky person is thee who becomes her keeper.

I am in need of many more participants for my quilt project!
Please read here for more info, and pass it along if you can:


Much Love, xoxo

Peace,
Laura

7 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful!

    xoxo~Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad i'm not the only one that woke up grumpy and irritable...lol! i miss you! and i love that new group of photos in honor of your mother. they are very beautiful and narrative. love you! hope to see you soon...oh hey...if you're feeling up to it thursday night we are meeting at the wine bar for alyssa's birthday. there will be good company and some excellent key lime pie by the great jen jen. join us if you can. ciao for now! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok.... I am going to read more about the Quilt for Love but would love to participate. I wanted to tell you I am wearing my necklace that you created on Saturday for an early Valentine's dinner with my husband... I can't wait and will most definitely post pictures. I love all of your creations and they are so symbolic of life, pure, whimsical and earthy!!! Happy Creating!! xo oh and I am having a giveaway at my blog when you get a chance hop over and check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, you have no idea how much I love you! Yours are the comments I look forward to the most and the posts I can't wait to read!
    I missed you a lot while I was gone too, and yours is actually the first blog I went to go see!!
    I so wish we lived near each other and sometimes I imagine how awesome it would be if we were able to get together and our guys would hang out and do their guy stuff so we could go do our girly stuff!! i know..sounds lame..but I honestly think of that lol and tell alex..I talk to him about you all the time! haha. I'm not that much of a weirdo..I promise ;)

    Thank you for your encouragement Laura!!! I can't get over how beautiful you are inside and out and what a loving caring person you are!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! the photos and what you did with them are amazing!! I like the dark photography so much because it expresses sooo much emotion!!
    Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful art with us!!!

    love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and i hate hormones! >_< they're evil!!

    hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always your images are amazing!
    **I voted for you too chica!!**
    XOXO
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!