12.18.2009

Feeling The Blues

This is how I am feeling today.

I can hardly explain it. I almost wish I was sick so I could have an excuse just to lay in bed all day and do nothing. But I cant make myself do that. Running my own business, I feel like I have to keep on keepin on...I know how my mother felt now. I know I should allow myself some breaks to just be, but I feel guilty. Especially knowing James is at work, working hard, I should be too. I guess I am just feeling the stress of working hard, making money, and then having it all go out the door as soon as its made on bills. I can hardly remember the last time I bought something for myself 'just because I liked it'. If I ever have extra money, I make myself spend it on supplies for my business. But more than anything, I feel really anxious, and I cant explain why. Maybe weve been watching way too much CSI and Criminal Minds...Its like Im waiting to be attacked from around the corner, I know this sounds silly. I just feel really funny today. I dont know why.

Maybe I need to start making some real art again, I mean like paintings and such. I have not done anything but jewelry and crafty things for so long now. I love that stuff, dont get me wrong, I love what I do. I hope I dont sound like a downer! Im just having a feeling, it will pass, like most feelings do.

........................................
I am about to add this cute birdie necklace to my etsy shop...

.....................
I am featured in a nice interview on The Someday Blog

She did a really nice 3 question interview and picked out some really lovely photo choices!
Please leave a comment!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Also, my friend Renea from Penny Threads is on a nice roll on her blog.
You must go read her latest entry!
Do it when you have a minute to sit and read.
It will be well worth your time!


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I want to say a huge THANK YOU
to everyone who has entered my GIVEAWAY

and to everyone who has blogged, tweeted, facebooked, whatever your style, thanks!

PEACE,
Laura

11 comments:

  1. Ello, Love!
    You DEFINITELY need to paint, especially for yourself and take time to do "me" things. Or you're going to get burnt out way too quickly!!! (I think you should also offer paintings for sale, lol)
    You have to take care of yourself or you won't be able to give and create for others!!! ;)
    I also think you should reward yourself every so often! Set goals and when you reach them with your business, treat yourself! Even if it's something small! You're working hard. You deserve it! Would you want to work for somebody else and never get rewarded for it??? ;)
    And I definitely understand how you feel and it doesn't sound silly at all. I watch a ton of CSI and Criminal Minds and all those crime shows. (they're my faves!) And I definitely get creeped out and very leery (is that the right word?) afterward.
    Hang in there, sweetie! You're so talented! But you definitely need to take care of yourself first!
    xoxo -j

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Sorry for the long "novel" comment. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been reading so many posts like this lately and everyone always apologizes for being a downer...but THANK YOU...no need to apologize. it is so nice to hear that other ppl are feeling the same way. i'm an independent artist too, and it is a struggle. i wouldn't have it any other way. but it's all a process...i think, for me at least, i put so much pressure on myself to be this way or that and compare myself or my success to others and i just keep reminding myself that i'm doing the best i can. and i'm working up, evolving and doing what i love. the money will come. when you are passionate and don't settle, it will happen. be patient! i've only been following your blog for a short time but i think your uber talented! i definitely think painting is a good idea if that grounds you and makes you feel good. you're not alone...whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura! I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, it really is hard to function and keep going if you may be getting burnt out. I have to agree with Jamie that you should treat yourself, even if it's just a small thing, I know it helps me psychologically, to sort of refuel. I can definitely relate, I'm at home while my husband is working, and it was also partly a need that I opened up my etsy shop while I'm at home with my daughter, and I can burn out really fast.
    You should take your suggestion and do what helps you relax. It's comforting to hear other people feel this way too, thanks for sharing your feelings.
    I hope you start to feel better!
    Also thanks for showing us Renea's blog, I love her writing and shop, I wouldn't have found it if you hadn't posted it!
    -Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a day like that yesterday. I woke up feeling crappy and spent the whole day feeling crappy but I couldn't work out why. Its hard to make yourself do things when you feel like that but surprisingly when I went to work in the afternoon I started to feel better. I think being busy made me forget I was feeling down and by the end of my shift I totally forgot I had been bummed out that day. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are not as generous with yourself as you are with others. and i second just about all of what jamie said (well said btw)!we love you and myownlittleuniverse makes a good point. thank you! for being as human as the rest of us. :P don't burn your candle at both ends...i'll miss my laura light if she burns out. :( thank you for the mention of my blog...i am going to see you soon...i can feel it. we have a coffee date that needs to be met. :D ciao sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I SO know how you're feeling! I've been a bit blue as well.....and believe my cure will be some "real" art!!!!!

    love + luck + bliss,
    missysue xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand how you are feeling! I think today is sort of a blah day all over because I've felt the same exact way! And a lot of my friends and blogs friends are feeling completely blah today! I'm sorry you are having a crummy day! I hate those days when you don't feel like yourself, but nothing is really wrong. When that happens to me, I try making a list of all the things in my life that make my happy!! Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Laura! I wish I can go over there to you right now!! Make you a nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows of course and pop in a movie of Elf, I'm sure that'll make you laugh..and if not...well..I'd just make myself look uber idiotic to see you crack a smile..then I'd turn on happy relaxing music for you and you could just paint as much as you wanted to..in bed of course, for comfort..bbut we'd have to buy you compfy disposable comforters first ;) and You can just tell me how to make the necklaces..that way you can still make money and not have to worry but you can just relax and enjoy your day as well!!
    I'm so sorry you're not feeling good Laura!! I definitely agree with Jamie..take out some "me" time. Enjoy yourself, I know it's hard, but you owe it to yourself! Thank you for being so open with us! Don't feel bad about having a bad day, even if you had a bad month, you have so many people out here who love you, and we're here to support you and encourage you in those hard times! <3
    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sooo understand how you're feeling right now! I have the same strange feeling that something's going to happen, that I have to watch my back, I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it's because a year is ending and we're trying to review it,see what we've missed,what we could have done,are we following our dreams or not,how could we change all that...stuff like that.I hope we'll end up with something productive...eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you so much to each and everyone one of you guys. i am always amazed at how quick you all are to be here for me and i dont even know you :) your words are encouraging. and uplifting. thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!